When there aren't 2 existing working keys to use to initiate programming, an automotive locksmith is required for programming. If have an existing two keys that are already working with the vehicle, this can be programmed with an easy to use customer programming procedure.
Remote For Lincoln:
Factory Remote Head Key with FCC ID CWTWB1U722. The Ford part number is 164-R7017. The Strattec part number is 5904306. This remote has 3 buttons, tested and guaranteed to work. This is a 1Way remote and it sends it's signals on a frequency of 315 MHz.
1. Insert an existing key into the ignition.
2. Turn the ignition to ON (RUN) and back to OFF.
3. Remove the existing key and within 5 seconds insert the other existing key and turn it to ON (RUN) then back to OFF.
4. Insert the new key before 10 seconds have elapsed, and turn it to ON (RUN). Leave it ON for 1 second and turn back to OFF.
5. The security light will light up for 3 seconds to indicate programming has been successful.
The following vehicle can use this remote when equipped with the factory keyless entry system:
Lincoln MKX (2007-2010)