Note: Original remotes are hard to find in new or used condition that are in good enough shape to sell. We are selling the replacement remote shown in the photo. It looks different but we make it work the same as an original before we send it to you so your vehicle will think it is an original.
Remote For Toyota:
The Toyota Part Number for this remote is 89742-AA010. The FCC ID on the back of the remote is GQ43VT7T. This is a 315MHz remote. It features a LOCK, UNLOCK and PANIC buttons. The remote is tested on a keyless entry tester to ensure it is sending proper signals before we ship it to you. We have free phone tech support for programming if needed. This remote works on 1997-1999 Toyota Camry with the Factory installed system (not the dealership installed system) and the 1998 Toyota Sienna with the Factory installed system (not the dealership installed system.)
- For 1997-1999 Camry:
1. Remove the 3"x5" black panel that holds the mirror control switch located to the left of the steering wheel. The panel can be gently pried out using a flathead screwdriver. Do not pry the switch itself or it will break. Pry out the larger black panel that houses the mirror control switch.
2. Key should not be in ignition. Disconnect the mirrow control switch from the wire harness. It plugs directly behind the mirror control switch. Use thumb release tab to disconnect.width="276" height="160">
3. Using a jumper wire, connect terminal 2 and terminal 10. The vehicle confirms programming mode is entered by cycling the door locks (locking then unlocking.)<4. Press and release the LOCK button on a remote you want to work on the vehicle. Locks cycle to confirm remote has been accepted.
5. Repeat step 4 for a second remote you wish to work on the car.
6. Disconnect the jumper wire to exit programming mode.
7. Plug harness back the way it was and close mirror control switch panel.
- For 1998 Sienna:
1. With the key out of the ignition, locate the wireless door lock ECU. It is located in the center console.
2. With the ECU still connected, locate terminal 9, PRG (empty - no wires going into it) and terminal number 1, GND (black-white wire going into it) in the 15 cavity Wireless ECU connector. Wires go into cavities 1,4,5,8,10,11,14 and 15. Positions 2,3,6,7,9,12,and 13 are not used.
3. Using a suitable jumper wire, insert one end into terminal 1 and the other into terminal 9 cavity to touch the PRG pin of the ECU. The door locks will lock and unlock by themselves to confirm the vehicle has entered programming mode.
4. Press and release any button on the remote. The door locks will lock and unlock to confirm.
5. To program a second remote repeat step 4 for the second remote. 2 remotes can be programmed to this system.
6. Disconnect jumper wire.
The following vehicles can use this remote when equipped with the factory keyless entry system:
Toyota Camry (1997-1999), Toyota Sienna (1998).